Here at Higgins Fairbairn, we are committed to helping the wider community in ways that are practical and impactful.
The Women in Finance Charter
As a firm, we are members of the Women in Finance Charter; a firm committed to improving gender diversity in financial services. We’re proud to have achieved our previous pledges of:
- Have one member of our senior executive team who is responsible and accountable for gender diversity and inclusion.
- To meet this aim, we appointed Caroline to undertake this role.
- Have a female adviser by early 2021 via internal development and promotion.
- Alex Pugh is our new Financial Adviser, earning the role through completion of the required courses.
- Publish progress annually against these targets in reports.
- Alex was employed with the aim of specifically achieving this target in 2021.
- Ensure the pay of the senior executive team is linked to delivery against these internal targets on gender diversity.
- This has been done and we will continue to do so.
We are extremely proud of the work we have done as a firm in line with the Women in Finance Charter, but our work is not done yet. Moving forward, we are now updating our pledges to reflect where we are as a firm. We pledge to continue:
- Having one member of our senior executive team responsible and accountable for gender diversity and inclusion
- Publishing progress annually against these targets in reports
- Ensuring the pay of the senior executive team is linked to delivery against these internal targets on gender diversity.
- In addition, we aim to have at least one female partner by the end of 2023.
The Mental Health at Work Commitment
The Mental Health at Work Commitment is a simple framework that works as a roadmap to achieving better mental health outcomes for employees. It’s a set of actions that we follow to improve and support the mental health of our people.
By being part of the commitment, we’re dedicating ourselves to making mental health at work a priority. We’re proud to be part of this growing movement of likeminded employers, businesses and organisations across the UK.
As an organisation, we are Dementia Friends.
Created by the Alzheimer’s Society, Dementia Friends is the biggest ever initiative to change people’s perceptions of dementia.
Our team members have individually committed to learning and implementing patient and effective ways to work with clients who have dementia. You can learn more about Dementia Friends here.
Helping the homeless
We are passionate about helping the homeless around Mayfair.
As a business and as individuals, we make regular cash contributions to buy practical items such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant and non-perishable food.
We hand these items out around the community to provide those who are homeless with the everyday staples that we so often take for granted.