What We Offer
Business Owner Advice
We have considerable experience in advising business owners and professional clients. We are fully aware of the planning issues that need to be considered. In particular, we help clients to address key risks to the ongoing success of their businesses and to plan ahead for expansion, mergers and acquisitions, as well as eventual succession, retirement and exit strategies.
We help clients to consider how best to address risk and help them to build a strategic financial plan. Our comprehensive range of services for business and professional clients includes:
• Retirement Planning
We have considerable experience of using clients’ pension funds to purchase commercial property (either for use by the client’s business, or as an investment) and land.
• Business Protection
• Planning for the impact on the business of the death (or prolonged incapacity) of a Partner, Director or key person within the business.
• Assisting businesses in reducing the cost of business loan related insurance products (e.g. life and critical illness insurance).
• Advice on partnership, shareholder and cross-option agreements is also available.
• Income Protection
• Providing Partners or Directors with a regular income (to replace drawings or salary), in the event of prolonged absence from work, due to illness or incapacity.
• Reviewing the suitability and/or reducing the cost of any existing arrangements, where appropriate.
• Private Medical Insurance (PMI)
Recommending suitable schemes for business owners and key employees. Comparing products from the entire market and considering the suitability and tax treatment of such schemes.
• Remuneration and Profit Extraction
Recommending the most tax efficient method of enhancing Partners’ and Directors’ remuneration. This may include additional benefits, such as pension or life assurance contributions, as well as strategic income or corporation tax planning.
• Investment of Corporate Money
Where businesses hold high levels of cash deposits over a long period, recommending strategies for tax deferral and achieving higher returns, whilst still retaining access to capital.
• Mortgages and Finance
Providing access to specialist mortgage, finance and re-financing advice to business owners. Comparing products from the entire market and reviewing clients’ existing facilities, with a view to reducing cost.